Selecting Final Arrangements for Funeral Home and Cremations in Ashland, OR
If you’ve never been involved in planning final arrangements, you could be surprised by how many options there are. In fact, you can make the final arrangements pretty customized in ways that will honor the departed and help your grieving loved ones. Each family will have different things that are important to them when it comes to funeral home and cremations in Ashland, OR. That is just how it should be--after all, the person being honored is not exactly like anyone else. When helping those who are mourning, it is vital to do something in the deceased’s memory.
There are a few standard formats that your services could follow and be personalized to your liking. Let’s talk about some of the characteristics of these service styles:
- Funerals: These services provide closure by offering an honoring event with the deceased's body in attendance. A full service often includes a viewing (wake) held before the actual funeral. The casket may be open or closed during the wake. It is an important time for close loved ones and friends to give and receive condolences and support at this time of loss. Funerals can also include the committal service if burial is taking place directly after the service.
- Memorials: The significant difference between funerals and memorials is the timing of when the body is buried or cremated. Memorials are held without the body present. Cremated ashes are sometimes in attendance at a memorial service, but it is not a necessity. Suppose more time or advanced scheduling is needed to gather loved ones. In that case, a memorial can be a perfect solution since burial or cremation would be handled before this type of service anyway.
- Graveside Services: It is also an option to hold services at the graveside. This would technically fall under the funeral category with the body present and all, but often, it tends to be more brief and intimate when a ceremony is held at the burial site. That is not a requirement, though. Graveside services are sometimes also called chapel services.
- Cremations: This is a procedure that transitions the body back to the essential elements. This is done through exposure to scorching temperatures and burning of the remains. Though not really an honoring service in the way a funeral or memorial is, cremation is a respectful and dignified way to care for your loved one's body. Cremation can be handled without other services. If so, it’s usually called direct or simple cremation.
What is a Memorial Park?
Memorial Park is essentially a cemetery. However, memorial parks often have more options than only earth burial. For instance, many memorial parks have above-ground entombment solutions such as mausoleums (public or private) and columbaria houses for cremated remains. Finding a burial ground that is beautiful and well cared for is vital to many people. Not only is this the final resting place for your loved one, but it is also the place you will likely go on special calendar dates and when you need to work through your feelings of loss.
Ways to Reduce Stress When Planning for a Funeral Home and Cremations in Ashland, OR
There is no question that making plans for funeral home and cremations in Ashland, OR, is a taxing experience. However, some things can help you reduce your stress load and make things just a tiny bit easier.
- Choose a Reputable Full-Service Provider: Selecting a provider with a reputation for professionalism and the highest ethical practices will bring peace of mind. You need to be working with someone you feel you can depend upon and trust.
- Take Whatever Time You Need: Recognize what needs to be decided and handled immediately and what does not. Your funeral advisors can help you know what these are. Don’t rush. You are going through a highly overwhelming time.
- Begin Collecting Documents: DO get a list from your funeral director or their staff of the needed paperwork for your arrangement conference meeting. There is a fair bit of it to collect, in most cases.
- Be Transparent About Your Budget: Be upfront about your budget constraints. Funeral professionals have worked with people from every walk of life. You won’t be the first or the last to walk into the establishment with pricing limits. Don’t make a stressful situation worse by overspending. Your loved one can be honored well, affordably.
Choose a Highly Rated Establishment Today
The outstanding directors and staff at Perl Funeral Home & Siskiyou Memorial Park have the experience and compassion you can trust during this tender time. As you make plans for funeral home and cremations in Ashland, OR, they are going to be with you every step of the way. You can come to see the lovely facility and memorial park at 2100 Siskiyou Blvd, Medford, OR 97504. Call (541) 772-5488 to set up an appointment today.
Funeral Home & Cremations FAQs
Can I personalize a funeral service?
Creating a meaningful event is all about customizing the funeral to represent the deceased's life, beliefs, relationships, and goals. The beauty of customization is that there is no template to adhere to. A funeral ceremony, like a wedding, can be tailored to your specific needs.
Do graves exist forever?
In general, when you acquire a cemetery site, it does not expire and remains yours forever. There are, however, a few points to bear in mind. While the cemetery retains ownership of the property, you are acquiring the right to utilize it for burial purposes.
Are veterans entitled to free funeral service?
Almost all veterans are eligible for free military funeral honors. They are also frequently eligible for free memorial items like headstones, markers, and medals.